Thursday, November 5 — 2:00 pm EST
Register online on Zoom
Join Facebook event here.
To celebrate the five-year anniversary of the Ontario Network of Injured Workers’ Group’s and the Ontario Federation of Labour’s groundbreaking report “Prescription Overruled” that blew the whistle on the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board’s (WSIB) practice of ignoring evidence from injured workers’ family doctors, we are holding an online conversation that will demand that the WSIB:
-Listen to Our Doctors
-Listen to Science
– Injured worker stories.
– Discussion with some of the authors of “Prescription Overruled” and Bad Medicine” reports.
– Summary of recent legal battles relating to the issue.
– Listen to science: occupational disease and the WSIB with Janice Martell of the McIntyre Powder Project.
– Parallels in the Auto Insurance Industry with the Association of Victims for Auto Insurance Reform.
– A participatory strategy session on how to move forward.